Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gandhi - The father of our nation

I am writing this blog after long time (Probably 6 months). Sorry L for not blogging long time, but guess what am back with a bang J and will make sure that I continuously blog from now on... So with that note let me get started …

I was quite wondering what to write next?  Interestingly, i saw this Gandhi’s autobiography book on my desktop which I have been reading for a while and should admit that I really got inspired by this book. This book has been translated from Gujarati to English by MAHADEV DESAI. Many thanks to Mahadev for translating this wonderful master piece to English without changing the content nor changing the true purpose of this book.

Note: Gujarati version was written by Gandhiji himself and this book talks about his life up to 1923 after that he started his freedom struggle, which the entire world knows …

Gandhiji briefly explains about his Dad Kaba Gandhi and he describes his father as incorruptible and had no intention to become rich though he had lot of opportunity to earn more money legally and illegally. I hope today’s politicians are like that but they are not L but I hope the next generation will be that change J

He also explains how his father was so religious though he had no little training on that… So I kindly request all the Men and Women and young children’s to follow your respective religion religiously which I have started after reading this chapter.

Note: The term “religiously” does not mean that you need to go to church or temple every day or attend some prayers though it is important to go to church and temple every now and then but more than that It means you need to be true to yourself and never do evil... I hope all the religion says the same…

Mother:

Bapu says his mother has left an everlasting impression on his memory and how religious she was even at hard times he also adds that she was really intelligent and had a great common sense. To these parents he was born on 2nd October, 1869.

He latter explains about his Childhood and his childhood marriage… One of the points to note during his childhood days is that incident which happened during the examination of his first year at high school where his teacher signaled bapu using his boots to copy from his nearby boys but he did not assuming teachers are there two stop this kind of malpractice.

This incident did not diminish the respect which bapu had towards his teacher, he also adds saying “I was by nature, blind to the faults of elders. Later I came to know of many other failings of this teacher, but my regard for him remained the same. For what I had learnt to carry out the orders of elders, not to scan their actions.”

About childhood marriage:

Gandhiji writes this chapter with greater regret due to getting married at such a young age but however he also says that “Let the reader make no mistake. I was married, not betrothed” and he also narrates about his marriage life and how shy he was in his first night J

Life in UK & South Africa:

Gandhiji explains about the difficulties he faced in Uk and South Africa which led to freedom movement in south Africa as well as India.

Gandhiji also concludes the book by saying “It is not without a wrench that I have to take leave of the reader. I set a high value on my experiments. I do not know whether I have been able to do justice to them. I can only say that I have spared no pains to give a faithful narrative”.

Well let me conclude this blog by saying or what Gandhiji believed in “ahimsa or non-violence" which can only bring everlasting peacefulness in this world …

With that note let’s hope for peaceful earth J

P.S –This is just a tip of the iceberg; I would argue all my readers to read the entire autobiography of his experiments with truth

Wish you good luck and May god bless us all!

Cheers,
Sasi
Be the change you want to be 

2 comments:

Vishnu ♫ The Prince ♫ said...

Really a great man,,,, good one to publish

Sasi said...

Thank you Prince :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger